Med Pro Medical Transcription Online
MedPro Medical Transcription Online
Get the skills and training you need to become a Medical Transcriptionist!
Demand of Medical Transcriptionist Growing Fast!
"Employment of Medical Transcriptionists is projected to grow faster than average for all occupations through 2014. Transcription services will be spurred by a growing and aging demand for medical population because older age groups receive proportionately greater numbers of medical tests, treatments, and procedures that require documentation. A high level of demand for transcription services also will be sustained by the continued need for electronic documentation that can easily be shared among providers, third-party payers, regulators, consumers, and health information systems.
Growing numbers of medical transcriptionists will be needed to amend patients' records, edit documents from speech recognition systems, and identify discrepancies in medical reports." -US Department of Labor
This best-selling transcription program is in full color, enhancing the anatomical illustrations presented and making learning fun and easy. The book and practice software create a simulation approach, giving learners a working knowledge of the medical reports most commonly used in hospital and ambulatory care settings. Learners transcribe a variety of reports from inpatient case studies taken from actual medical reports. Organized by body system, reports transcribed include history and physical examination, operative, pathology, radiology, and discharge summary.
As a student, you will receive:
- The full medical transcription series
- Merriam Webster's Medical Dictionary
- Common Medical Abbreviations reference text
- Martel Electronic Foot Pedal to make learning as realistic as working in the office.
Also included is an audio CD for extended practice and an online Webtutor where the instructor and student can communicate outside of class and where many extra features for added reinforcement can be found.
- INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION:
- What is Medical Transcription?
- Medical Transcription Transcribing Tools
- Telecommunications Tools In Medical Transcription
- Use of Reference Materials.
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION FORMATS:
- Types of Medical Reports and Formats
- Medical Office Charting and Correspondence
- Additional Medical Forms, Formats and Documents.
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION MECHANICS:
- Word Usage. Sentence Grammar. Punctuation.
- Compound Words and Hyphenation Contractions and Shortened Word Forms
- Abbreviations. Capitalization. Plural and Possessive Forms.
- Numbers and Number Combinations.
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION SKILLS:
- Commonly Confused Words
- Misspelled Words and Spelling Hints
- Editing Medical Dictation and Transcription
- The Business of Medical Transcription
- Marketing Your Medical Transcription Talents.
There are no scheduled sessions at this time. Sign up to be notified when this course is available.